Hope. Jonathan Livingston Seagull.

 Då hopp är så viktigt för oss är det sorgligt att konstatera att vi i västvärlden inte hyser särskilt mycket av den varan just nu.

Kan det vara så att den minskande marginalnyttan av nya reformer och de begränsade möjligheterna till stora förändringar och framsteg i dag bidrar till att den politiska retoriken blivit så hätsk och polariseringen så påtaglig? 

När det inte finns några banbrytande genombrott kvar måste man ändå försöka uppamma en viss entusiasm, ett hopp om en ny gryning, för sina partikamrater, valarbetare och i bästa fall även väljarna.  

Torbjörn Elensky Axess 14 september 2026

https://www.axess.se/essaer/var-finns-hoppet-om-inte-i-vast/


Jonathan Livingston Seagull

He recovered to level flight and was quiet for a time before he spoke. "Very well," he said, "who are you?"

"We're from your Flock, Jonathan. We are your brothers." The words were strong and calm. "We've come to take you higher, to take you home."

"Home I have none. Flock I have none. I am Outcast And we fly now at the peak of the Great Mountain Wind Beyond a few hundred feet, I can lift this old body no higher."

"But you can, Jonathan. For you have learned. One school is finished, and the time has come to another to begin."

As it had shined across him all his life, so understanding lighted that moment for Jonathan Seagull. they were right. He could fly higher, and it was time to go home.

He gave one last long look across the sky, across that magnificent silver land where he had learned so much.

"I'm ready," he said at last.

And Jonathan Livingston Seagull rose with the two starbright gulls to disappear into a perfect dark sky.


Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Cognitive blind spots

Martin Wolf; The next crash - Why this time might not be different

27 juli. Oman. Yemen. Fallande oljepris. Wildfire threatens Bordeaux. Dance While The Music Still Goes On. Huawei.