Bing (Yes, Bing) Just Made Search Interesting Again

 Google has stiff competition now, after Microsoft integrated powerful A.I. technology into its search engine.

I still remember the first time I used Google.

I felt a similar sense of awe this week when I started using the new, A.I.-powered Bing. (Yes, Bing, Microsoft’s eternally mocked search engine. It’s good now. I know, I’m still adjusting, too.)

Microsoft released the new Bing, which is powered by artificial intelligence software from OpenAI, the maker of the popular chatbot ChatGPT,

The new Bing, which is available only to a small group of testers now and will become more widely available soon

Microsoft has also incorporated OpenAI’s technology into Edge, its web browser, as a kind of superpowered writing assistant. Users can now open a panel in Edge, type in a general topic and get an A.I.-generated paragraph, blog post, email or list of ideas written in one of five tones. (Professional, casual, informational, enthusiastic or funny.) They can paste that text directly into a web browser, a social media app or an email client.

NYT 8 February 2023

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/08/technology/microsoft-bing-openai-artificial-intelligence.html

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Röd Öppning - Red Opening

Niklas Ekdal, bunkergängets apologet

Tickande bomben i Heimstaden AB