On Thursday August 9 2007, financial markets suddenly seized up.

Since I was running the Financial Times markets team, I spent two days frantically trying to identify the reason for the panic. Nobody knew. But that weekend I suddenly woke in the middle of the night with an image of a Spanish bin in my head.

A month earlier I had attended a credit conference in Barcelona, where I read brochures about a little-known, and supposedly safe, entity known as a “structured investment vehicle”. 

The material had seemed achingly dull. So on the way home I tossed the papers into an airport bin — and forgot it. 

But, somehow, my subconscious knew that had been a mistake. So I awoke and went online to uncover what I had left in that bin.

Gillian Tett FT 10 August 2017

https://www.ft.com/content/a859449e-7daf-11e7-ab01-a13271d1ee9c


Gillian Tett: Have we learnt the lessons of the financial crisis? 

FT 2018-09-01


https://englundmacro.blogspot.com/2018/09/gillian-tett-have-we-learnt-lessons-of.html


Frozen withdrawals in 2007 and 2015






Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Niklas Ekdal, bunkergängets apologet

Röd Öppning - Red Opening

Tickande bomben i Heimstaden AB